Booster Pump Problem

cws91

Nov 5, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA
Hi All!

I'm glad I found this forum but wish I had sooner.

I purchased my home with an existing pool in May and have had a crash course on pools but think I've done pretty well. But as with anything, I don't know all the tricks of the trade and I'm sure this forum will help.

That being said, please excuse my "newness" and bear with any dumb questions I may pose. One may be my current situation.

My booster pump is not kicking on when i flip the switch at the controller. I don't hear a humm in the motor to suggest freezing. I flip the switch and nothing. Water is flowing through the system as I can feel the flow generated by the main pump coming from the outlet in the pool. Help! I don't want to assume that I need a new booster pump when I don't. And don't want to call the pool guy if there's something I'm not thinking of. BTW the pool is about 4 years old.

Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated!

First, check to see if a breaker is tripped. Second, get a meter and check if power is even getting to the motor and then if it is even at the switch. Without knowing the specifics, I can't help much beyond that.

BTW, do you get to the LSU games? My uncle is the announcer at Tiger Stadium and my mom played for the women's BB team years back.

Yep checked the breaker. I was hoping it was a switch or something that needs to be reset.

Yes I go to pretty much all the football games. Dan Borne? He does a good job. I actually played baseball there back in the day.

Geaux Tigers!

Do you have a meter to check for power at the switch and pump? If not, you could try hooking up the pump to the good circuit that the main pump is on and try.

Yep, Dan Borne'. Small world. I grew up in Thibodaux and we used to go to all the home games. What great energy at that stadium. My family was there for the baseball championship ring ceremony last weekend at the new Alex Box stadium.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.