Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Tarp Removal Trick:

1. Back To Top    #1

Tarp Removal Trick:

We all know that getting the tarp off without letting all the gunk get into the pool is a big challenge. Try this. After pumping off the tarp, put your garden hose BEHIND the tarp and begin filling the pool. You want to fill the pool to the VERY its starting to overflow! The tarp will float to the top too and you can simply "slide" it off! Don't worry about the excess water, since you're gonna be backwashing several times after vacuuming. OR you can vacuum with the pump set to "drain" and pump the dirt directly out the discharge pipe. PLUS, with the water level above the normal "scum line", you can use this to your advantage by using the water for cleaning/scrubbing the liner that is normally dry and gets pollution baked onto it.
    10,408 gallon, 21' round, 52 in' deep AG, half in ground
    Artesian Clear Master Plus Sand Filter, Artesian Turbo King 2 hp pump, installed June 08
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    Pics taken 2012 ... CN0606.jpg ... CN0607.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2
    Sacramento, California USA

Re: Tarp Removal Trick:

Pretty smart!

Welcome to the forum, corvettel82
    14,555 gal in-ground 16'x29' white plaster Pool w/spa (2007); Goldline Aqua Logic AQL-PS-8 control w/Aqua Cell 15 Salt Water Chlorination (SWCG); Hayward TriStar 1HP (1.85 SF) main / 1.5HP (1.60 SF) spa pumps; Hayward Swimclear cart filter C4025, ColorLogic LED lights; Tankless SP-18-4 electric heater; Polaris 280 cleaner.
    View of spiral galaxy in Ursa Major NGC6217 - Hubble Telescope 2009

3. Back To Top    #3

South Central NJ

Re: Tarp Removal Trick:

I usually just fold the cover in half, say from the deep to shallow end after scooping the debris and pumping it as dry as I can. Then I accordion fold the balance, E fold it and drag the cover away to be cleaned after I finish opening the pool.

Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.