I hate the Yankees

polyvue

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Aug 24, 2009
Sacramento, California USA
Another exaggeration, to be sure... but why does the most moneyed team in Baseball always have to roll over other good teams year after year to take more than their fair share of penants and world championships. When I lived in New Jersey, I was a Mets fan... at that time a new team that ended each lousy season in the cellar. Nevertheless, they were not the Yankees.

Take Derek Jeter (please!) He's a great performer and that's only one reason why I despise him. A great team player, helps out others, friendly to media, fans, other teams... but he's got that Yankee attitude. Or at least I think he does (same thing.) Observers will note his curled-lip smile both in the field and at bat. No matter Strikes, high and outside, low and inside, fast balls, foul tips, he just stands there smiling... smirking.

In fact, I don't have a favorite in tonight's game... or in the series, though Philadelphia is a fine city in a beautiful state and the Phillies have some great pitching.

I just want the Yankees to LOSE.

Call me irrational. Call me Ishmael. Call me a Yankee-hater.

Best wishes to the Philllies. :twisted:

And the Yankees win :goodjob: Sorry guys, but was born in NY and will remain a Yankees Fan. That said I do not HATE any of the other teams, rather I enjoy the challenge. It's been 9 years since the last championship for NY, other teams had a chance but the strongest team won...period. Now we can argue payroll size, etc but the same occurs outside of sports such as in business and personal life. The biggest companies, sometimes lose to competition, but there is a reason they became so large, consistency and performance which drives excess $ to be re-invested in the business.

Just my thoughts...GLTA

dmanb2b said:
Just my thoughts...GLTA
NITWIT, IMBECIL, IDIOT!! (and that's just how I feel in the morning... :oops:)

Well, I think you appreciate that my post was pretty tongue-in-cheek. I've been through marriage counseling so I know how to be agreeable:

Yes, dear. The Yankees are the best team in baseball.

Here's an article from Slate magazine on the Yankees that will appeal to both haters and fans...
http://www.slate.com/id/2234585/

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.