Think I got lucky...

Beez

LifeTime Supporter
May 19, 2009
Dallas, TX
Ran my pump dry for about 2 1/2 hours yesterday with no apparent damage. (crossing fingers)

Forgot to reset the valve to "filter" after draining off some water yesterday morning, so when the timer kicked on for the day it was still set to "waste"!!! :shock: Needless to say, it drained as much as it could then ran dry the rest of the time. :cry: On top of that I had the Polaris set to come on with the main pump, so the booster pump ran dry as well. Good thing the timer was set to run for only 3 hours!

This morning I turned on both pumps, preparing for the worst, but to my surprise there doesn't seem to be any damage. Both pumps operating normally, filter pressure normal, no strange noises, no water leaks. If any damage was done, wouldn't it have been apparent right away?

Looks like you might have. You really don't know how long they ran without water or if they ran at all without water. Just because they weren't pumping doesn't mean there wasn't some water in the casings keeping things cool. Eventually they would have boiled off the water and ruined the seals but it appears you got lucky.

I wouldn't press my luck again if I were you though. :hammer:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.