Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Winterizing Liquidator ??

1. Back To Top    #1

Winterizing Liquidator ??

Any tips for cleaning LQ for winter?
    I have WS or scale on inside walls at the bottom half where liquid chlorine collected. Not at the top area where the chlorine was diluted
    I imagine there may be some build-up / scaling on inside of tubes and valves. (Although maybe not since i didnt have scale on upper part of LQ)

I was thinking of soaking everything in some type of diluted acid solution

Any guidance?
    PS on different item: to store for winter, rubber o-rings, should one use teflon spray or silicone grease? I have seen both mentioned in different posts

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Winterizing Liquidator ??

I've gone through a few winters with mine and haven't done a lot to mine other than basic cleaning. I pull it out of the pool set up, hook the hoses from the inlet to the outlet and use the flow control to shut it off completely. I spray the crud out of the LQ do a basic scrub down and the put it in the attic for the winter. I would unscrew and examine your float assemblies over the winter and see if there is any degradation around the screw post. If so, I'd reinforce them with epoxy: reenforcing-the-liquidator-float-assemby-t11039.html

It's cheap and a lot easier then paying $30.00 per assembly to replace. Lastly I would replace the hoses every other year.
    6000 gal inground fiberglass
    1.5hp pump / sand filter
    Liquidator

3. Back To Top    #3

No issues here... about to go through another two nights of freezing temps
    20k Gunite/Prism Blue-Pebblesheen, Pentair Tagelus TA-100D Sand Filter, Heliocol Solar Water Heater, 2 bubblers and 2 waterfalls installed 2007, 3hp IntelliFlo VS Pump 011018 installed 2013, Aquabot Turbo T4 RC and Stenner 45MHP10 w/The Liquidator container installed 2012.
    Antigua Spa by Artesian Spas: 325 gl, 52 jets, 6 hp 2 sp & 6 hp 1 sp, Circulation System 24 Hour Whisper Pure, Ozonator, LED digital lighting, The Artesian Pillowfall installed 2007.
    Retired: 2hp Pentair Whisperflow, Legend Platinum w/booster pump, PH Adjuster

4. Back To Top    #4

Used to be that I'd disconnect the LQ during the winter. This year I left it hooked up. I've had no issues.
    6000 gal inground fiberglass
    1.5hp pump / sand filter
    Liquidator

5. Back To Top    #5

Well, since we've opened this old thread. I left mine hooked up and running at a much lower flow than during the summer and it's faired fine during the very cold (I know you northerners are laughing at that) days we've had.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit