Still Water Question

Sep 25, 2009
:rant: So construction is 2 and 1/2 weeks into progress. The pool is completely in along with an exterior water line, natural gas line and there is water in the pool. The electrician cannot finish until the concrete guy can lay the gridwork and the concrete guy's vacation and other projects have delayed us until this week. Of course, now we are working on extremely rainy weather and concrete pours are questionable for Friday. So now water has been standing, untreated, for a week and 1/2 and I'm concerned that the lack of filtration will begin to cause problems. There is no chlorine or EZ Pool in the water yet as there is no way to circulated. The pool contractor is not too concerned, but I'm the one that will have to get it ready and I know the worse the water gets, the more chemicals I need (= more money for pool people).

Any ideas?

You could roughly estimate the gallons of water you think are in the pool and calculate enough Clorox each day to bring it up around 3ppm. Stir it up and mix it around with a boat paddle or something similar.

The chlorine will dissipate each day because you will have no CYA but it's pretty cheap to do that....probably 50 cents worth of Clorox and it will certainly help keep moss, algae, etc. from getting much of a foot hold.

Dave gave you great advice on the water in the pool :goodjob:

However, I'm worried about water in the plumbing, if you don't plan on firing up the system this year, blow any rainwater out of the lines and antifreeze and plug them - also protect the skimmer body from being damaged via ice expansion!! (when we build liner pools this late in the season, we don't cut out the liner for the return or in pool suction sources and install Gizzmos in the skimmers before any water could enter them :wink: )

How about getting a small submersible pump for circulating the water? That's what I use when I occasionally have to shut down the system; last time a couple of months ago without pumping station running for over a week. Didn't get any algae either. If you wanted to do some filtering you could get a "SlimeBag" to put on the end of hose that returns water to pool.

gg=alice

Re: Still Water Question--UPDATE

:hammer: So concrete guy was suppose to come today to start his work. I called last night about 6pm to inform him that we are cleared to proceed with concrete by the inspections department. He said that he decided not to come today but would wait until Friday because he was worried about recent rain. He then said he scheduled another job for today and "HOPEFULLY" he will be on site Tomorrow. :evil: I had my electrician scheduled for today so that they could get the bonding tied to the concrete and the final electrical inspection. Now I've had to put him off a day b/c the inspections folks want the concrete and bonding done together meaning both subs have to be there at the same time.

Anyway... about the water problem. My PB is going to come by today and use a portable pump and filter to clean the pool. He's also going to put a couple of chlorine floaters in the water. Hopefully this gets us over the hump until electricity can be hot on Monday after the concrete pour. :poke:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.