Hello from Meridian, Ms.

yank

Oct 23, 2009
Greetings all. My name is Mike. I am the "poster child" for Mr. DIY. I'm not afraid to get dirty. I DIY just about everything around the house, yard, garage, etc.....From building my own work shop (The Man Castle according to the Mrs.) to digging and pouring concrete, to restoring an old chevy pickup to any and all lawn equipment repair. Now I'm about to add inground pool builder to the list. It will be a vinyl pool kit. The wife would like a lagoon shape. Me being the first time builder would prefer to work with strait lines but will tackle the curves if that's what the Mrs. wants. I'll be looking for any advice, do's and don'ts that anyone might have. :whip:

Welcome.

My advice is that cover options are much better with rectangular pools as far as automatic covers or reels for solar covers.

Straight lines are easier too!

There is no question in my mind that one can build their own liner pool, in whatever shape they want for half of what contractors cost. The only caveat would be a strong knowledge of general DIY and one paid excavator. Thats about it, the rest can be researched on the net and carefully planned out.

Having watched my PB do mine, and charging me 22,000 for a day's job that contained about 8,000 worth of pool equipment, there is no doubt at all. That was a basic key shape, I did all the other add ons, solar controller, solar panels (3) SWG, waterfall and all the controls that go with it.

Good luck with your build, and we want to see pics of the progress you make.