Closing Pool: Ok to run PRJ at shock level?

May 5, 2009
NC
So, I'm finally getting around to closing my pool. I was going to do it almost 2 months ago but decided to go ahead and keep it running and adding bleach as long as possible hoping it would make for a better opening come spring. I'm in the process of shocking it now and was wondering if I can run my PRJ at such high CL levels (12). I just reread PS and it says to clean and brush, then shock....oops, I read it 2 months ago when I was first planning to close and don't know why I forgot that :oops: . I really don't know what I was thinking (hanging head in shame). I don't want to damage my cleaner, but there is alot of dirt/bugs on the bottom and I really need to clean it. I can't vacuum manually because we have a fence around the top of the pool. Is it ok to throw Rover in there after I'm done shocking or should I just leave it until spring? Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.