Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Closing Pool: Ok to run PRJ at shock level?

1. Back To Top    #1

Closing Pool: Ok to run PRJ at shock level?

So, I'm finally getting around to closing my pool. I was going to do it almost 2 months ago but decided to go ahead and keep it running and adding bleach as long as possible hoping it would make for a better opening come spring. I'm in the process of shocking it now and was wondering if I can run my PRJ at such high CL levels (12). I just reread PS and it says to clean and brush, then shock....oops, I read it 2 months ago when I was first planning to close and don't know why I forgot that . I really don't know what I was thinking (hanging head in shame). I don't want to damage my cleaner, but there is alot of dirt/bugs on the bottom and I really need to clean it. I can't vacuum manually because we have a fence around the top of the pool. Is it ok to throw Rover in there after I'm done shocking or should I just leave it until spring? Thanks!
    24' Round 52" High AG, Waterway 125 SF Pro Clean 2HP, 2 SPD Cartridge Filter
    Pool Rover Jr. /TF-100 Test Kit/ BBB - Ex Baqua User

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Closing Pool: Ok to run PRJ at shock level?

Chunk it in there. 12 is not a very high FC level and shouldn't hurt it at all. I wouldn't leave it in there all winter but a few hours won't affect it.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Closing Pool: Ok to run PRJ at shock level?

Thanks!
    24' Round 52" High AG, Waterway 125 SF Pro Clean 2HP, 2 SPD Cartridge Filter
    Pool Rover Jr. /TF-100 Test Kit/ BBB - Ex Baqua User