Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Looking for advice on a pool cover

1. Back To Top    #1

Looking for advice on a pool cover

Hi, I think I am interested in getting a pool cover. I live in Texas, so freezing really isnt an issue. Previously I have just left the pool uncovered, but I have a lot of trees nearby. Every winter the algae ends up taking over cause of all the leaves, and I don't have time to keep it clean. Any recommendations on a mesh cover vs a leaf net? Also, my pool is L-shaped. Is it okay to just get a larger rectangle cover? It would be cheaper than getting a custom made cover.

16K gal, plaster, with DE filter

2. Back To Top    #2
    Cincinnati, OH

Re: Looking for advice on a pool cover

If your looking for Mesh I just bought the Loop-Loc Mesh II cover.
    Its a denser mesh than the standard, so virtual no light gets through it to help algae growth.
    Its also light weight, my wife and i are able to put it on and take it off on our own.
    This is going to be our first winter with it, so i cant really review it much better than that for you.

Just food for thought: If you put a large rectangle on your L shape pool it will void the mfg warranty of your cover.

IG 17x33 Grecian - Vinyl Liner (21k gallons), Hayward Pro-Grid DE 4820 filter, Hayward Super Pump, CompuPool SWG CPSC36, TF-100 Test Kit