Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jimbo

1. Back To Top    #1

Summerton, SC

Hi everyone. My name is Jim and we just recently purchased our first pool. It's the Intex 24' round metal frame. Thanks to Barb (sunsoaker) for posting this link on another forum. My head was swimming trying to figure out what I needed to buy chemical wise to keep the water clear.

After finding this site and spending a couple of days reading, I headed to Wal-Mart for some bleach, and baking soda and my water has been easy to maintain.

I've still got lots to learn and am looking forward to reading lots more here.

Thanks for a great site.

24' X 52" AGP (13,500 gal)
    Pentair Dynamo 1HP with SD-40 filter
    TF-100 test kit
    BBB and loving it

2. Back To Top    #2

Welcome to the group Jim! Glad you found us.

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Glendale, AZ
    Welcome - happy to hear another happy user with bleach and baking soda I am in the "build" stage right now and fairly new to the forum myself. As a prior pool owner thinking that pools were fairly easy, I can't wait to use what I have learned on this forum for the new pool. There is definitely a wealth of knowledge here and a willingness to share
    1980's Shasta built 30,000 gal inground diving pool. Pebble-tec interior. Pentair DE Filter. In ground pop-ups. Hayward Navigator sweeper.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Welcome to TFP!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Missouri City (suburb of Houston, TX)
    Jimbo, welcome to TFP! Thanks for the referral Barb.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.