Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: $99???

1. Back To Top    #1
    Houston, TX

I guess I knew that it would cost a few extra bucks, but it's been a while and I forgot......

I was cruising through the page and started getting the "you need a premium access account". ****-ola! So I was just wondering, does anyone here have the premium access? Is it worth it if you are considering redoing some of your pool. For me I am interested in getting some good detail of coping and decking, so wouldn't have a need for the remainder of the "premium" stuff.

Just wondering

16,000 Gallon Inground Pool
    Hayward DE Filter
    Polaris 280 Pool Cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Charlotte, NC

Re: $99???

For what you are after, I bet TFP guys can help. I am constantly amazed at what the moderators & others know. HeckPools & NJPoolGuy are both very knowledgeable.
    Ask away man! Let er rip.

I can help on that caulking betw the deck & coping for sure, get that right to preserve the othe 2 & maximize the caulk's lifespan (so you have to replace it as infrequent as possible.
    19,800 gallons (closed/winter 18,654 gal); plaster; 18x34 Ft kidney bean shape, Depth 3Ft-5Ft. Built 1992
    Pentair Whisper Flow Pump 1HP. Winter safety cover w anchors.
    Sand filter, Pentair Sand Dollar Top Mount Model SD80; Effective Filtration Area 3.5SF
    - FlowRate 75GPM, 8Hr 36,000, 10Hr 45,000, 12Hr 54,000; Pressure Weight 50PSI
    BBB (Hayward Chlorinator when leave town). Polaris 360 cleaner.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: $99??? is an outstanding resource for people who want to be their own general contractor. However, $99 does seem like a bit much if you aren't going to use everything there. If you are going the full build from scratch route as your own GC, I recommend it. For smaller projects it isn't as clear cut.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School