Question on Colorlogic pool light, is one enough?

Jul 10, 2007
Ohio
I am just getting ready to install a 16X40X24 Grecian L shape vinyl pool. I was thinking of only putting 1 Colorlogic light on the outside edge, near the center of the pool. I was thinking this would cover the entire pool, not leaving any shadow spots. My builder wants to charge me 1000 for an aditional light. Is one light enough, or should I press for 2 and make him give me a more reasonable price?

Thanks, Chuck

OK, since it is a big pool, I think I am set on getting 2 now. Let me ask this question now. How much should I pay for 2 Colorlogic lights, installed. I won't tell you what the estimate was..... as I think it is too high!! :cry:

I think the sam is different as it uses a halogen bulb and a rotating color wheel. The Colorlogics use LED's. I don't know what the cost of ours was as it wasnt broken down in our quote when we had the pool installed. Apparently there are new colorlogics out that are suppose to be much brighter than the set I have, so maybe 1 is good enough. The only drawback is that because you have an "L", its not going to be able to light up the entire pool at once. If you look at it in the long run, the LED's last much much longer and use less energy than your standard halogen bulb.

I can't say for sure on the colorlogic but I just had 3 Nexus Savi 12v Leds installed in my 41 x 22 pool (mountain pond shape). We debated for some time and the builder thought we were going to have overkill with the # of lights. 3 is almost perfect. In retrospect, 4 would have actually been OK but we're happy with 3. None of the lights face the main deck directly. Also hooked up so 2 run independently of the other, along with a spa light so depending on needs can control amount of light. All can be coordinated through the Aqualogic control system so colors can be synced. I probably spent more time researching the lights (and the control system) than anything else and I'm very happy with the look. The Savi lights are small (spa size niche) which is another plus. If this is a new pool, I would think no more than $600 - $700 installed, the lights are about $500 or so for the Savi but I don't think the Colorlogic is that different in price.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.