Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I had a dream...

1. Back To Top    #1

I had a dream...

So I had a dream that there was a 'new this summer' inground pool. It developed had an algae problem, similar to the story in this thread and of course I went to put all my good TFP knowledge into play.

Still dreaming, I realized that I had not brushed the new plaster daily, or kept a good watch on CH, or even pH!

So I was running around in a panic, yelling for a brush, and where was the test kit, and why oh WHY did I not practice what I preach here at TFP....

Then I realized that not only was the pool vinyl, it was my neighbors!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Sacramento, California USA

Re: I had a dream...

Quote Originally Posted by The Mermaid Queen
    So I had a dream [...]
    Methinks you need a vacation!

My dreams are always about working with a boss who I didn't like, 15-20 years after the fact.

Someday... I will dream of pool maintenance.
    14,555 gal in-ground 16'x29' white plaster Pool w/spa (2007); Goldline Aqua Logic AQL-PS-8 control w/Aqua Cell 15 Salt Water Chlorination (SWCG); Hayward TriStar 1HP (1.85 SF) main / 1.5HP (1.60 SF) spa pumps; Hayward Swimclear cart filter C4025, ColorLogic LED lights; Tankless SP-18-4 electric heater; Polaris 280 cleaner.
    View of spiral galaxy in Ursa Major NGC6217 - Hubble Telescope 2009

3. Back To Top    #3
    South Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by The Mermaid Queen
    So I had a dream .........
    Well, perhaps a human mind contaminated the mermaid's dream? How else can a mermaid be "running around" when she has no, um, legs

Yep, it may be time for a vacation!

Now let's see, what was my last dream that I can remember...................
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Middle Tennessee

I've had recurring dreams over the years of being chased through a big city by a towering T. Rex/Godzilla/monster type of creature. Every time I would run into a building, work my way around to another side of the building and come out, thinking I had put the building between me and the monster, lo and behold it'd turn the corner, see me, and we'd repeat the process.

Then one night I rent "Cloverfield"..and it was like watching my nightmare on dvd..too wild..
    24' x 52" AGP - approx 13,500 gallons
    Pentair Optiflo 1 hp/2sp pump w/ Swimpro Voyager 150 sq ft cartridge filter
    Intex 8110 SWCG
    "Fear the Schnauz!"