Liner Wear (Pics)

jjdurrant

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 27, 2008
MN
Does this seem like a lot of wear for a liner that is only two years old?

046.JPG

047.JPG

Not good. :cry:

I hope it is a light calcium build-up or some type of scum that is easily removed but it looks more to me like a liner fade from a long-term chemistry imbalance.

How carefully have you monitored your pool water chemistry since you've had the liner?

^^^^^ Very closely.. I have struggled with high pH and TA.. and my CYA has been next to nothing. Calcium in the 220 range.

It has been tough keeping chemicals balanced condering how often I had to add water all summer due to the crack in my steps.

Could one of these factors be the culprit?

jjdurrant said:
^^^^^ Very closely.. I have struggled with high pH and TA.. and my CYA has been next to nothing. Calcium in the 220 range.

It has been tough keeping chemicals balanced condering how often I had to add water all summer due to the crack in my steps.

Could one of these factors be the culprit?

When you say CYA "next to nothing" - have you monitored the FC-CYA relationship? If you have used high FC levels for extended periods of time, especially if the CYA was low, that could be fading from overshocking.... is that a possibility in your case?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
jjdurrant said:
Possibly.. going to try and clean tomorrow.. I think I read a magic eraser can be used?

Use a pool vinyl cleaner that they sell at pool stores, the magic eraser is an abrasive, you may not notice damage on your liner but I've taken the print off older liners with it

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.