Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Fitting for Vacuum Hose

1. Back To Top    #1

Fitting for Vacuum Hose

I have a 1-1/2 inch pipe attached to the suction side of the system that I want to use to vacuum ... there is no skimmer ... is there a fitting available that will allow the vacuum hose to be plugged in but that will close the suction when the hose is removed?

Thanks ...

--Jack
    40K gal rectangular IG Gunite ... white plaster ... 20 ft negative edge ... 2 Intelliflo VF 3050 pumps ... 2 Sta-Rite Cartridge filters ... IC60 SWG ... Pentair Thermaflo heat pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Fitting for Vacuum Hose

Welcome to TFP!!

I can't think of anything offhand

Usually the suction to that port is controlled by a valve at the pump system - you open the valve when you need to vacuum and close it when you're finished vacuuming.

If you really want, you could spend $1000 ++ to automate the line and be able to just push a button to be able to open or close it (and adjust the other suction lines for vacuuming) - but, it's probably overkill
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

3. Back To Top    #3

It sounds like you have a 1 1/2" dedicated suction line. I have a 1 1/2" dedicated suction line which connects to my Hayward Navigator cleaner. At the wall, there is a connector for the hose like you describe where a cover covers the suction line when you remove the hose.

Here's a link with a description that might help: http://www.aquasuperstore.com/products/ ... ~2222.html
    40 X 26 Free Form Pool with attached 9 X 7 Spa raised 18" with 8 Jets and Spillover, and an Art Rock Waterfall/Grotto with accent rocks, 26,000 gallons
    Intelliflo VF-3050 for Pool, VS-3050 for Spa Jets, VS-3050 for Waterfall/Grotto, Quad DE 80, 400K BTU Mastertemp, Intellitouch i7+3 w/ iS10 10 Function Spa-Side Remote, Intellichlor IC40 Salt Chlorinator, Telephone Remote, 2 Intellibrites for Pool/ 1 for Spa, Solar Panels on 2 story Roof w/ 75% coverage
    Pebble Tec Tropical Breeze Tsunami's Pool Build

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks ... exactly what I was looking for ...
    40K gal rectangular IG Gunite ... white plaster ... 20 ft negative edge ... 2 Intelliflo VF 3050 pumps ... 2 Sta-Rite Cartridge filters ... IC60 SWG ... Pentair Thermaflo heat pump