Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Inteliflow 4x160

1. Back To Top    #1

Inteliflow 4x160

I just had a new pool built and I spec'ed the Pentair Inteliflow 4x160 pump. What I need to find out is whether or not I can control the speed on it with my Pool Pilot DIG-220? The Pool Pilot says it will control a single or 2 speed pump, but I cannot find any info on it or the pump (Pentair says you have to use their Intellicomm to communicate with their pump).Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance! 8)

21' AGP (10,400g)
    Hayward PowerFlo Matrix dual-speed 1HP pump
    75 sq ft Waterway cartridge filter
    4G Liquidator

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD
    The AutoPilot Digital system has a single relay that is normally used to control the pump. From the AutoPilots point of view it can be configured to either turn the pump on and off on a schedule or switch it between low and high. Using it to turn the Intelliflow on and off is simple enough, but not the best solution. Better is to get the Intellicomm, which can convert the signal from the relay to a command to switch between two preprogrammed modes.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School