Change display board on dig220 vrs new swimpure system???

Sep 8, 2009
P. Pines, Florida
I've been having issues with my DIG-220 sc36. It started with low salt despite salt over 4000. I ran a slew of tests from swapping sensor cable/power cable. I finally called a tech rep at $95 and he swapped display board with a new one and that was it. The new card worked fine but he also told me the rear board looks like its going to go in the near future. I send my display board to a friend in Colombia for him to get it tested and all tested ok. I got the board back and I still get the check system light but now the digital display does not light up. My dilemma is do I spend the $400 on a new board and know that in 2yrs I will also need a new cell and possible the main board which is $500-600 now making the cost 1k. Should I sell this on ebay as spare parts and just buy the swimpure at $800 for the 25k cell and try my luck there.

Take a look at this one before you buy: www.sgschlorinators.com

That will most likely be the one I get next. I've had three other brands already on my pool, and would like to try this one. It has a much greater spread on the plates, which is supposed to help with the calcium build up, and also has a massive heat sync on the unit. Might be good for sunny Florida!

Bruce

simicrintz said:
Take a look at this one before you buy: http://www.sgschlorinators.com

That will most likely be the one I get next. I've had three other brands already on my pool, and would like to try this one. It has a much greater spread on the plates, which is supposed to help with the calcium build up, and also has a massive heat sync on the unit. Might be good for sunny Florida!

Bruce
I looked at your link but I had never heard of that brand. It seems less expensive considering the size cell 40k. The most popular are autopilot, aquarite, and swimpure. I cannot find any consumer guide to these systems. I find that the autopilot system has a 5-6yr lifespan. Mine and my next door neighbor's are an example of this. It also has too many parts that can break plus the outer covering is not made for the scorching florida sun. Also in 2yrs the prices for the parts have doubled. I bought the sc36 cell, manifold w/ tri-sensor, and check valve for a bargain $241 online in August 07 and now the cell is $385 and the manifold, tri-sensor, and check valve is $225. We are in a recession with 17% unemployment in S. Florida. What is that. I am fed up with autopilot and just placed mine for sale on ebay. Time to move on to the next system. I have recommended these systems to many and from now on this one is off the list. :x

yamilrx said:
simicrintz said:
Take a look at this one before you buy: http://www.sgschlorinators.com

Bruce
I looked at your link but I had never heard of that brand. It seems less expensive considering the size cell 40k. The most popular are autopilot, aquarite, and swimpure. I cannot find any consumer guide to these systems. I find that the autopilot system has a 5-6yr lifespan. Mine and my next door neighbor's are an example of this. It also has too many parts that can break plus the outer covering is not made for the scorching florida sun. Also in 2yrs the prices for the parts have doubled. I bought the sc36 cell, manifold w/ tri-sensor, and check valve for a bargain $241 online in August 07 and now the cell is $385 and the manifold, tri-sensor, and check valve is $225. We are in a recession with 17% unemployment in S. Florida. What is that. I am fed up with autopilot and just placed mine for sale on ebay. Time to move on to the next system. I have recommended these systems to many and from now on this one is off the list. :x

The cells are typically rated for something like 10,000 hours, so 5 years of typical pool pump run times makes sense.

One of the reasons that I am looking at the SGS unit is that they are produced in Arizona and are built to handle their intense sun and hard water conditions. Here in S. California we do not have quite the heat like AZ, but we do get hot, and our calcium levels run high, somewhat like theirs. That gives me high hopes for success!

I still think salt systems have their value, but maybe not in all areas of the country, or maybe just not all units in all parts! Dad didn't teach me to quit, so I'm going to keep going until I find the unit that works for me!

Bruce

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.