FC AND CC

hallo said:
How do you find FC and CC levels? I have the TFKIT100. Below are my readings, pool is a bit cloudy and like a light green not a lot.

CH - .3
PH - 7.2
TA - 170
CYA - 20
If your pool water is cloudy, I strongly suggest that you use the FAS-DPD titration test to determine your chlorine levels.

You want to measure 2 things: Free Chlorine (FC) and Combined Chlorine (CC)

• Rinse out the sample vial with pool water, then fill it to the 10 mL mark (one of the lowest marks on the tube)
    Add 1 or 2 dippers of R-0870 DPD powder (small dipper, not the flat end) to the sample and swirl
    Add R-0871 titrant, a drop at a time until pink turns to no color (clear)
    Multiply the nbr of R-0871 drops you used by .5 (if you use 11 drops, that's 11 X .5 = 5.5)
    The result is FC ppm (Free Chlorine)

Next, add 5 drops of R-0003 to the already tested sample; if it turns pink, go to next step, otherwise CC = 0
    Add R-0871 titrant, a drop at a time until pink turns to no color (clear)
    Multiply the nbr of R-0871 drops you used by .5 (if you use 2 drops, that's 2 X .5 = 1.0)
    The result is CC ppm (Combine Chlorine)
Would recommend that you redo your Calcium Hardness (CH) test since that doesn't look right. When you're finished, post the results for FC, CC, pH, TA, CH and CYA on this thread. We can offer some help at that point on clearing up the cloudy/green water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.