Need help choosing a pump (maybe a filter too?)

I ended up ordering a Hayward on Friday after checking around locally to see if anyone had any 2 speed for an above ground. It's funny, the ones that didn't carry them all tried to convince me that I wouldn't save any money with a 2 speed vs single speed.

quick update:

I got the pump installed last night. Although the pump I replaced seemed like it was a 2hp, this pump in high speed moves about 150% more water than the previous one. My other pump would stop sending anything through the sand filter around 16psi. This one is sending 13psi from a freshly backwashed filter.

The low speed seems to put out just a little less than the original pump did. I'm glad my pump died now. I think my pool is going to be easier to maintain with this pump. Although, it looks like I'm going to have to get faster at vacuuming to waste so I don't drain the whole pool ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.