Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Heater Inside the Jandy Power Center

1. Back To Top    #1

Long Island, NY

Heater Inside the Jandy Power Center

Hello. I will be closing our new pool for the first time and have a question regarding the best way to protect our costly Jandy Purelink Power Center over the winter. I am an engineer in the electrical construction industry and it is common practice to install a light bulb inside electrical equipment enclosures prior to them being energized. The heat from the bulb keeps the inside of the enclosure warm and dry.

I am considering using a small light bulb (say 25 watts) inside of the enclosure to keep it dry over the winter months. Has anyone done this? Does anyone have any other suggestions to protect the Power Center?
    Free-form concrete walls with vinyl liner, 18,000 gallon capacity, Jandy 1.5HP e-Pump, Jandy DEV48 DE filter (using cellulose media), Jandy AE2500 heat pump, Jandy Aqualink Power Center with 14-blade cell kit and Jandy PDA-P8 wireless control system.

2. Back To Top    #2
    South Carolina

Re: Heater Inside the Jandy Power Center

TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Heater Inside the Jandy Power Center

I read this when you first posted it and was hoping someone would come along with a great idea. Apparently not!

I too being a E² have experience with heating enclosures. We never use light bulbs but instead use purpose built enclosure heaters. Go to and you'll find some inexpensive ones with thermostats

The SRFE is a favorite of mine.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit