Getting a new cover for closing the pool

May 26, 2009
Hello,

This is my first pool and first time closing a pool. The pool here was neglected as it was a forclosed property when we bought it. We Spent a good amount of money fixing it this year (new liner, etc) and now it's time to close. The pool previously had a mesh safety cover as the anchors for it are in the concrete. Unfortunately the cover was NOT here when we bought the house. Usually the bank has a crew come in and remove everything from a forclosed property and I guess they took the cover with them.

My question is, can I buy a mesh cover online and use the existing anchors in the deck, or do new anchors need to be drilled?
Should I just get a normal pool cover with water bags and not even worry about the mesh cover? I have an aluminum fence around the pool with a locking gate that I chain and padlock for the winter. I'm not concerned with safety in picking a cover, just figured since the anchors are there, I might want to use that kind of cover.

Hi.

The trouble with buying a stock mesh cover for the pool is that the straps might not line up with your existing anchors :evil: There are ways around this which may eliminate the necessity of redrilling all the anchors.

I think that a solid cover with water tubes would be a good choice :goodjob: Just remember to measure the pool and remember the steps!! :hammer: Some covers have the center step area included, if not, get a cover that will allow for at least 1' of overlap.

Watertubes are both inexpensive and cheep :rant: You can expect to have at least 3 of them fail every year :(

You will want to keep the cover ~ debris and water free - there's always a chance of the cover falling in the pool or having a branch, or similar, poke a hole in it - if you keep the cover fairly clean, you won't open to a mess :cool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.