Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Safe, fun pool games?

1. Back To Top    #1

Safe, fun pool games?

I'm on the lookout for safe, fun pool games for the kids (or even adults) to play, preferably ones that don't need any specialized equipment. Balls & pool noodles are about as far into "equipment" as I want to go.

We do have a diving board, so one of the games they play is "everyone copy my dive/jump, and see who can do it the best." I don't want any games like "see how close you can jump to someone else!"

Any suggestions? Thanks!
    ~30K IG vinyl w/Hayward DE filter; inline chlorinator; Hayward gas heater; Polaris 280

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tomball, Texas
    I guess "dunk the punk" and "diving with scissors" are out of the question?

I made up this silly game to play with my kids and their friends. All you need is a little squishy pool football. We made a circle and everybody had to pick an animal sound. Then when the game started you had to make your animal sound and then the sound of someone else's and throw the ball to whoever you called out. They would do the same thing, and so on.

For example

I would say "Ruff-ruff" (that's my sound) and then say "Meow" (Joe Blow's sound) and throw the ball to Joe
    Joe Blow would say "Meow"(his sound) and "quack quack" (Mary Jane's sound) and throw to Mary Jane

The faster people tried to play the easier it is to catch someone napping. Then the person who dropped the ball is ridiculed mercilessly.

My wife and I have a few pool games too, but those were devised under the cone of silence and I can't comment on them.
    20K IG Gunite w/ raised 7ft spillover spa. 1.5 HP Hayward Northstar pump 425 sq ft Hayward cartridge filter, Colorlogic lights AquaRite SWG AquaLogic PS-8 control
    1hp pump for sheer descent

3. Back To Top    #3
    Waaay NW MN
    I'll bet that was the same game we played while our kids were at grandma's for a week. ; >
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

4. Back To Top    #4
    I wife won't let me near her in the pool, so we play monkey in the middle (with a squishy ball) usually Boys against the girls (adults in the deep end kids in the shallow end) Lots of fun
    SW Connecticut
    18,000 Gal Freeform
    Gunite/White plaster