Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: cartridge filter ??

1. Back To Top    #1

cartridge filter ??

Since I have converted to BBB I have noticed that my cartridge filter is much lighter when I take it out to clean it. Is that because the Baqucil had it gunked up and in held water. Has anyone else noticed this??

Deb...loving my BBB pool
    27' 17,000 gal, AG,cartridge filter, 2.5 HP Waterway 2 speed

2. Back To Top    #2
    Sacramento, California USA

Re: cartridge filter ??

Could be. I have always attributed my filter's cleanliness to a combination of things. a. trees cut back every fall, b. use of skimmer sock in swim season, c. regular emptying/cleaning of pump & skimmer filter baskets, d. very guarded (or no) use of products that are not bleach, muriatic acid or baking soda, e. regular use of automatic pool sweeper, f. use of pool cover and g. when not covered, use of net to catch floating debris. But you probably already knew these things...
    14,555 gal in-ground 16'x29' white plaster Pool w/spa (2007); Goldline Aqua Logic AQL-PS-8 control w/Aqua Cell 15 Salt Water Chlorination (SWCG); Hayward TriStar 1HP (1.85 SF) main / 1.5HP (1.60 SF) spa pumps; Hayward Swimclear cart filter C4025, ColorLogic LED lights; Tankless SP-18-4 electric heater; Polaris 280 cleaner.
    View of spiral galaxy in Ursa Major NGC6217 - Hubble Telescope 2009