hayfarmer

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2009
eastern washington state
Hi everyone, I have not posted in awhile because everything is going great. But i do have a question about rust. I do see a little rust forming on the ladder right about the water line.. And also i see a little forming on the screws on the skimmer plate above the water line... My ladder is a stainless steel with plastic steps. Here are my numbers, I think everything looks pretty good but the TA is a bit low... thanks for the advice....
FC 5
CC .05
TC 5.5
Ph 7.6
TA 50
Ch 280
CYA 50
temp is 90 :-D

There are a lot of different grades of "stainless steel". Most probably the pool ladder mfg used the cheapest grade they could get by with, so therefore they rust over time. You can try cleaning it with a magic eraser. If that doesn't work try some fine stainless steel or bronze wool. I'd just replace the screws in the skimmer with some 316 grade SS. You can replace them one at a time.

You can have the ladder parts plated but it's probably not worth it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.