Hi all... medvampire (Steve)

medvampire

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 3, 2007
East Tennessee
Ok I guess I might as well have a go at it. :oops:
I am a medical laboratory tech in east Tennessee near Gatlinburg. The best way I know to describe my job is, think of nastiest thing that can come out of the human body and I can tell you what is in it :mrgreen: . I am a generalist meaning I work in hematology, chemistry, microbiology, immunochemistry, blood bank, and body fluid analysis. I have been in this field for over 12 years. Before I went to lab school I went to school for diesel technology and before that I was a MP in the army.
I am married with two step sons ages 11 and 14 whom I love but challenge me daily. Dawn (my wife) and I were married last year in September after putting our house in May. I have a lot of work to finish like more decks and I am working on home automation using the X10 system with in the house.
My hobbies include
I do a little computer programming but mostly in PHP, MYSQL, and a few shell scripts in Linux. I am in the process of playing with some basic electronics for controlled Christmas lighting with sycronation with music. I enjoy fly fishing when I have the time.
But mainly this time of year and through the summer I am a pool owner. This is my second year with the pool.
I work Monday to Thursday 1 pm to 11 pm. I try through the day to check the forum and answer what questions I have the understanding to answer. I am a horrific speller so yall will have to overlook :roll: the typos I spew forth but I will always try to make the answer as clear as possible. The systems at work don’t support the spell check or any mass storage web sites so I can’t access any pics while I am at work.
Steve

SeanB said:
Do you ever eat at "The Old Mill"? We went to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge on vacation last summer. I'm sure it's probably considered a tourist spot, but they sure had some great food.

I havent eaten there...It is kinda of a tourist spot but I have heard the food is good...If or when you come back in let me know...I will get a list of the best restrants for the money from the wife...She knows the area better than I ever will.
Steve

The place that surprised me the most was "Best Italian." They had the BEST pizza I have ever had (never been to New York).

I found out about them on the internet before our trip. It's a small place in a strip center just off the main drag, but I would have never found it on my own.

Steve, you ever turn your X10 efforts in the direction of animated props for Halloween? Its a boatload of fun to scare the local kiddies and have carloads of rubberneckers ooohing and ahhhing over your yard haunt.

NWMNMom
Not yet. Its in the works. I use X10 to motion control some LEDs I have mounted in the deck steps and to turn on and off bathroom lights. I have replaced all the wall switches in the den for movie effects. I run the pool pump on X10 and am modding a motion / light sensor to turn on the pump when I have strong sun on the solar heater. I am working p-port control of Christmas lights that will give me 56 channnels synced to music but I can see that will be next year. I have to finish the landscaping around the house first.

SeanB said:
The place that surprised me the most was "Best Italian." They had the BEST pizza I have ever had (never been to New York).

I found out about them on the internet before our trip. It's a small place in a strip center just off the main drag, but I would have never found it on my own.

We ate there last year it was ok but if you want some great Italian here there is a place in PF on Dolly Parton parkway. The Gondlaer has some of the best lamb gryos I have ever lopped a lip over. There bread sticks with their house ranch dressing is very good. I know where I am going before work today.:eat:

Steve

Here is me, my wife, and my two step-sons.
Steve
69.jpg

Hey there Steve.

My in-laws have a cabin over there in Townsend, TN. We go tubing on the little river and every other year do Dollywood. In fact, we're on our way over there this weekend. No Dollywood this year though.

How much swim time do you get a year? We're near Memphis so its HOT!!! in the summer.

Steve,
I imagined you with a much pointier nose and chin, with a little mortar and pestle... grinding up aspirin, or maybe peppercorns or something! :wink:

Funny how you get images of folks in your heads on these boards, either from their avatars, or their professions, or whatever, that are so different from real life (Take Divnkd's hair, or lack thereof, as example!!)

I. however, have a lovely shiny green tail and blond (ish) hair!

I notice Dawn had a post in the LOGO section... welcome!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
vejadu said:
Hey there Steve.
My in-laws have a cabin over there in Townsend, TN. We go tubing on the little river and every other year do Dollywood. In fact, we're on our way over there this weekend. No Dollywood this year though.
How much swim time do you get a year? We're near Memphis so its HOT!!! in the summer.
I am about a 60 miles east of Townsend..We go over there 2 or 3 times a year to camp and I fly fish. They stock rainbow every other Tuesday and I fish just down stream from the stock point on the week end. We are headed to Mariville Saturday night to the drive in. They have double feature on the week end. We get there when they open at 7:30 pm do a picnick while waiting for the movies to start after dark. This week end it is Shrek 3 and Spider Man 3. I grew up in Savannah TN, near Pickwick.
We started swimming about 2 weeks ago and will be able to swim untill the middle of September and I close the pool around Holloween. Then we start getting the Christmas lights out. We do a big display every year takes about a month and a half to get it done.
The Mermaid Queen said:
Steve,
I imagined you with a much pointier nose and chin, with a little mortar and pestle... grinding up aspirin, or maybe peppercorns or something! :wink:
Funny how you get images of folks in your heads on these boards, either from their avatars, or their professions, or whatever, that are so different from real life (Take Divnkd's hair, or lack thereof, as example!!)
I. however, have a lovely shiny green tail and blond (ish) hair!
I notice Dawn had a post in the LOGO section... welcome!!
I have that wild hair chem look at work :roll: . I know Sean wasn't what I thought. I havent seen all the pics due to the firewall at work will not allow me to get the off site linked pics.
SeanB said:
You all stay so busy, I'm surprised you had time to stop for a picture. ;)
Nice looking family there Steve.
We find the time...It is tough some times...Dawn is working on her BS and I am starting another degree.. We have to work hard to make shure we have time with the boys. Dawn is in class Friday and Saturday so we try to plan family time on Sundays. On her rare week ends off we try to get out of town and do something like this week end :whoot:
Thanks for all the complements
Steve

I've seen so many people fly fishing in the Little River, but I've never seen anyone actually catching anything. I'm starting to think there may be some other reason men fish. :p

We used to camp until my in-laws cabin was finished. We stayed at Lazy Days. THE BEST peanut butter milkshakes ever!

Have a great time at the Maryville drive in. That sounds like so much fun.

vejadu said:
I've seen so many people fly fishing in the Little River, but I've never seen anyone actually catching anything. I'm starting to think there may be some other reason men fish. :p

We used to camp until my in-laws cabin was finished. We stayed at Lazy Days. THE BEST peanut butter milkshakes ever!

Have a great time at the Maryville drive in. That sounds like so much fun.
We have camped there a few times and yes I love their shakes..I lean to the choclate my self but my kids like to pb one. We rented a cabin last year but its we want to do the camp thing this year when we get the time.
Steve