Jandy valves

calijack said:
I have Jandy valves how do I know which way is open?????

The handle of the valve points to the water flow direction. It should also have a "pie shaped" piece on the opposing end that says "close" (IIRC!) to let you know what end of the valve is in the off position.

I can try and get a pic up if that helps later, or maybe post one of the valve you have so that we can see it and advise.

Bruce

Bruce,
A pic would be great. I have one at infow and 1 for vac and one for main drain. I finally found the word on there that says inlet. Why can't they just have open and close like those red ones..

simicrintz said:
calijack said:
I have Jandy valves how do I know which way is open?????

The handle of the valve points to the water flow direction. It should also have a "pie shaped" piece on the opposing end that says "close" (IIRC!) to let you know what end of the valve is in the off position.

I can try and get a pic up if that helps later, or maybe post one of the valve you have so that we can see it and advise.

Bruce

Here's a pic of the JVA (automatic valve) instead of the manual valve, but the handle is the same for both. The handle is pointing to the right in the picture, which means that is the way the water is flowing. It says "off" on the opposite end, which means no water is flowing to the pipe to the right. (This valve is at the front of the circ pump, so technically no water is "flowing" through it as it is being sucked through the pipe as it enters the pump. Didn't want that to be confusing :oops: )

I still get confused by these things, and I see them every day! You're right; you'd think they could make it easier!

Hope the pic helps!

Bruce

Attachments

• JVA 001.JPG
    JVA 001.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 42
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.