Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy valves

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy valves

I have Jandy valves how do I know which way is open?????

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How to post a question

Quote Originally Posted by calijack
    Recommend moving the last entry of this thread (September 22nd, 2009, 7:56 pm) to Getting Started or Pumping Station so that it is more visible to those with specific knowledge of Jandy valves.
    14,555 gal in-ground 16'x29' white plaster Pool w/spa (2007); Goldline Aqua Logic AQL-PS-8 control w/Aqua Cell 15 Salt Water Chlorination (SWCG); Hayward TriStar 1HP (1.85 SF) main / 1.5HP (1.60 SF) spa pumps; Hayward Swimclear cart filter C4025, ColorLogic LED lights; Tankless SP-18-4 electric heater; Polaris 280 cleaner.
    __
    View of spiral galaxy in Ursa Major NGC6217 - Hubble Telescope 2009

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Jandy valves

Hi Calijack and welcome to the forum

I moved your post to a more appropriate forum. Someone will be along soon to answer your question
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

The handle of the valve points to the water flow direction. It should also have a "pie shaped" piece on the opposing end that says "close" (IIRC!) to let you know what end of the valve is in the off position.

I can try and get a pic up if that helps later, or maybe post one of the valve you have so that we can see it and advise.

Bruce

5. Back To Top    #5

Bruce,
    A pic would be great. I have one at infow and 1 for vac and one for main drain. I finally found the word on there that says inlet. Why can't they just have open and close like those red ones..

Quote Originally Posted by simicrintz
    The handle of the valve points to the water flow direction. It should also have a "pie shaped" piece on the opposing end that says "close" (IIRC!) to let you know what end of the valve is in the off position.

I can try and get a pic up if that helps later, or maybe post one of the valve you have so that we can see it and advise.

Bruce

6. Back To Top    #6

Here's a pic of the JVA (automatic valve) instead of the manual valve, but the handle is the same for both. The handle is pointing to the right in the picture, which means that is the way the water is flowing. It says "off" on the opposite end, which means no water is flowing to the pipe to the right. (This valve is at the front of the circ pump, so technically no water is "flowing" through it as it is being sucked through the pipe as it enters the pump. Didn't want that to be confusing )

I still get confused by these things, and I see them every day! You're right; you'd think they could make it easier!

Hope the pic helps!

Bruce
    Attached Images Attached Images