Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: solar cover too much trouble for 33' round.

1. Back To Top    #1

solar cover too much trouble for 33' round.

We have a 33' round agp with a deck only on one end. Using a solar cover is too much trouble. To my knowledge, they don't make a reel big enough. I do most of the pool maintenance myself and it's hard for me to put the cover on and take it off. I know the covers help with chlorine loss but it's a bear to deal with for a pool this size. Does anyone have any suggestions to make using the cover easier or in my case would it be best to invest in solar panels? We've had some pretty mild temperatures here so we didn't get much use out of our new pool this season.

Thanks
    28,800 gallon 33' round AG, 54" height. Millenium 2hp, 2sp 27" sand filter. Circupool salt system. Aquabot pool rover. TF-100 testing kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: solar cover too much trouble for 33' round.

Some people cut the covers into sections to make it easier to remove and put back on. It doesn't seem to alter the functionality of it, so you may want to try that.

AnnaK, one of our members, has a page with some good suggestions. One of them is about sectioning the solar cover. Here is the link:

http://www.ellerbach.com/Pool/
    Nicole

21' AGP (10,400g)
    Hayward PowerFlo Matrix dual-speed 1HP pump, 75 sq ft Waterway cartridge filter
    4G Liquidator, Aquabot POOL ROVER S2-40

3. Back To Top    #3

That's very helpful. Thanks. I really wish we had built the deck all the way around the pool. It goes around almost halfway. Sectioning the solar blanket may work.

Cindy
    28,800 gallon 33' round AG, 54" height. Millenium 2hp, 2sp 27" sand filter. Circupool salt system. Aquabot pool rover. TF-100 testing kit.

4. Back To Top    #4

You're welcome. And BTW:

Welcome to TFP!
    Nicole

21' AGP (10,400g)
    Hayward PowerFlo Matrix dual-speed 1HP pump, 75 sq ft Waterway cartridge filter
    4G Liquidator, Aquabot POOL ROVER S2-40