Remove salt cell for winter or not

I have a Goldline / AquaLogic T-CELL-15, and I'm wondering if I should remove it and store it inside when I close everything down and winterize? My neighbor does this, but the AquaLogic manual doesn't say you need to remove it. If it will increase the life of the cell, I want to remove it. If not, I'd be fine leaving it in place to avoid opening 2 holes in the pipes for critters to crawl into.

Thanks,
Phillip

Once the water reaches a certain temp (I can't remember how low that is though!) the cell will "shut down" anyway, so it shouldn't have any affect on life expectancy. The life expectancy is based on the cycle times that the unit runs, so cold water just running through it will not hurt anything.

Now if you are afraid that it could freeze and crack, that's another story!

Bruce

Reactions: Lyons791
Jason, why do you say to leave it? I've been thinking of bringing mine inside for the water and capping off the pipes outside. We have very harsh winters here and it seems like it would be better to take it inside (?)

It is rather simple to remove, so I would remove it for the winter. I see JasonLion's point but for something that is so simple to remove why expose it to freezing temperatures and thaws if it doesn't have to be.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.