We got Kanye'd!!!!!

First off, the link doesn't point to where it says it points to. This is a common technique in "phishing" emails, like those fake Citibank notices asking you to "confirm" your username/password, so the bad guys can steal it.

The actual fake (an overlay of Kanye West on a probably real TFP home page) imitates a recent incident at some awards ceremony where Kanye grabbed the mike from somebody giving their thank-you speech, and ranted about how Beyonce's was better.

--paulr

PaulR said:
First off, the link doesn't point to where it says it points to. This is a common technique in "phishing" emails, like those fake Citibank notices asking you to "confirm" your username/password, so the bad guys can steal it.
It does nothing like that. It's a partial screenshot. It's a joke!

DBfan187 said:
PaulR said:
It does nothing like that. It's a joke!
The misleading link technique is the same--the visible link text is not where the actual link takes you. I agree the website itself is a joke and doesn't appear to be malicious.

It's kind of a sophomoric prank (having pulled equivalent stunts as a sophmore myself).
--paulr

Well, I thought it was funny and clever. This site is written up here (among other places) where one can use it to overlay any website with Kanye West's rude interruption to Taylor Swift's acceptance speech at the Video Music Awards (you can see the sad moment of what Kanye did here).

For those who aren't familiar with it, even Obama made an off-the-record comment about it (that shouldn't have been published, but that's a whole other story) as described here. The Kanye incident was very unfortunate and virtually everyone is in agreement that it was rude and inappropriate (putting it mildly).

Richard

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.