Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stainless Steel Maintenance

1. Back To Top    #1

Staten Island NY

Stainless Steel Maintenance

Anyone got any advice for maintaining the stainless steel ladders? The manufacturer recommends cleaning the stainless steel with glass plus. Seems to work well but does obviously does not offer any protection. I was thinking of using automotive wax. Good idea, bad idea any other idea?
    -400 sq ft ingroung Fiji (straight back kidney) ~ 13,500 gallons - Vinyl Liner - 3 to 6 Feet
    -Hayward 1.5 HP Super Pump
    -Hayward Perflex DE Filter EC65A
    -Hayward H 250 Heater

2. Back To Top    #2
    Check this link.
    I have used their product "The Stuff for Stainless" to maintain my stainless steel wall panels and it works excellent. They may have a dealer in your area. I bought directly from them but they were a bit hesitantat first. Shipped UPS and I received the very next day (I am in Cleveland OH though and so are they). I also used it to clean my stainless steel grill and it looks like brand new. They took a VISA over the phone.
    20 x 40 Clayton & Lambert Stainless Steel Wall and Concrete bottom Epoxy painted 40,000 gallons
    PentAir Triton II Sand Filter
    PentAir Challenger 1.5 HP Circulating Pump
    Pulsafeeder Mec-O-Matic VSP 20 Variable Speed Peristaltic Metering Pump (Chlorinator)
    Hayward H Series Natural Gas Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

Ft Lauderdale, Florida
    Soft Scrub to clean any surface corrosion, and car wax to protect, was the recommended treatment back in the late 80's. Not sure why it wouldn't still apply today.
    Sean Assam -
    National Accounts and Commercial Products Manager
    AquaCal Heat Pumps
    AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generators