New TN Pool, lots of pics

lances4803

Sep 6, 2009
TN
New pool is in, after 3 months! (My welcome home from Afghanistan gift from my wife.)
And yes, we went swimming, although it was a little cool.
Started in June, waited over a month for parts, then they hit rock, then a spring pumping out 3-4 gpm. (I used it to augment pool filling.) Delays from the wettest, coolest summer in decades!
They raised the pool deck a foot, and cut the depth from 8' to 5', but it seemed to work. I kept a pipe into the deep gravel sump below, just in case. Then cut a gas line putting in electric. But, it is done, except burying electric lines.
Got our initial dump of chemicals, as they were free, but been reading everything I can find on BBB.
Funny thing, I told the builder I had bought the TF100 test kit, and he said it was a waste of time and money. They can do everything I need!! Then he added that he had algae, and didn't know why...
And finally, the fence starts going in tomorrow.
I'll spend this winter working on landscaping.
DSCN4866.jpg

DSCN4897.jpg

DSCN4901.jpg

DSCN4908.jpg

DSCN4919.jpg

DSCN4923.jpg

DSCN4949.jpg

DSCN4950.jpg

DSCN4953.jpg

lances4803 said:
New pool is in, after 3 months!
Well, you have a lovely pool and an even prettier lot/location. Welcome to TFP!

lances4803 said:
Funny thing, I told the builder I had bought the TF100 test kit, and he said it was a waste of time and money. They can do everything I need!! Then he added that he had algae, and didn't know why...
Funny indeed. Sounds like you've traveled to Pool School and are already applying its lessons.

Good luck to you.
:-D

What an awesome welcome home gift! :cool:

Thank you for your service! :salut: Enjoy your pool! You certainly deserve it and you have a wonderful wife! :-D

Thank you for your service!!

Despite that this is one of the funniest things posted on the forum in a while,
The build looks very professional....nice and neat and clean.

I have the feeling that lots of PB's are great builders but have little to no interest in pool water management.

They would probly be dangerous with all that *pool* knowledge. :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.