Question about natural stone around pool

SeeGars

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 13, 2009
We have some "unsealed" natural stone (moss rock) around one edge of the pool that actually protrudes below the water line a bit. We also have a large waterfall that is unsealed.

My question regards the stone and its effects on our water and pool chemistry.

Should the rock be "sealed"? Also, if so, what about the masonry (mortar and grout), should that be sealed, too. If so, what products are best?

I do not trust our contractor and am coming here for your wisdom.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts you may have....

The SWG seem to be creating "issues" here on stone (especially the soft stuff like flagstone). I seal mine with Porous Plus 511 impregnator and it seems to help.

Bruce

I should state that the coping is oklahoma flagstone and was sealed by the contractor (theoretically, it was sealed... :grrrr: ) but my concern is the moss rock used for the waterfall and the "coping" around the back edge of the pool.

I know I will need to seal the oklahoma flagstone every couple of years and have no problem with that as our pool is small.

Also, he used Oklahoma flagstone on top of our tanning seat and our love seat which are always submerged.... Problems? How often will I need to seal the submerged stone?

Attachments

• IMG_0843-2.jpg
    IMG_0843-2.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 33
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.