autopilot soft touch

bip44

Sep 8, 2009
i have an autopilot soft touch salt system. I recently bought a replacement cell SC36 . my board was flashing 3 red lights which means a tri sensor problem. when i went to remove the tri sensor cord, it had burnt to the nodes of the salt cell. i have since removed the tri sensor. what caused this and what can i do now!!!! thanks in advance

bip44,

I'm a little confused by your description. The tri-sensor and tri-sensor cable do not connect to the cell. Can you rephrase or send me photos of where the damage is?
The tri-sensor cable is the gray cable. The cell cord is the white(ish) thicker cord.

Thanks

Thanks Sean... it is the attachment from my system box to the cell. it has 2 female connectors which attach to the two male nodes on the cell itself. i believe the cord connects to the system box by two wire connectors which are black and red.

I am still a little confused. You start out asking about the tri-sensor but the cable you are now talking about is the cell cable (two different, unrelated, cables).

If the cell cable can not be removed from the cell it will need to be replaced. If it can be removed intact, you should clean the connections before attaching it to the new cell. None of which has anything to do with the tri-sensor.

Sean... My apologies.. I mistakenly called the cell cord the tri-sensor. My wife told me it was the tri sensor..(haha) Anyways, it was the cell cord. i removed it from the cell. The cord is pooched, as are the nodes on my cell. I have contacted autopilot for warranty (it is not a year old). they say i need to deal with canadian dealers for warranty. i am not aware of any canadian dealers. for the mean time. I have been using chlorine pucks and shock to keep my pool running... not near as nice as salt. Any dealings or info on warranty?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.