Solar Heaters in Arizona

Aug 17, 2009
Gilbert, AZ
I am eyeing the Enersol Solar system, would be nice to have a couple extra months to play in the pool. Aside from wondering if this system is any good, I was thinking in Arizona I might be able to get away with using a smaller area, since it gets pretty hot here anyway. This true?

Any other brands I should be looking at?

Also, I have roof tiles, not sure how I would mount the panels to that. Can't exactly just drive bolts into those.

Check out http://www.h2otsun.com/ They market a panel system that follows the contour of the tiles and provide instructions for mounting on tile roofs, like this:
26.jpg

Normally, you want a large panel area, especially for heating at the beginning and end of the swimming season. Those are the times that the days are shorter and the air is cooler, both of which work against keeping the water warm. That said, it's not hard to start with a smaller square footage and then to add later, especially if you keep that in mind during the original installation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.