Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help Cyanuric Acid in Bottom of Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Help Cyanuric Acid in Bottom of Pool

I read the back of the bottle and did as it suggested, sprinkle on top of the water in the deep end. Now I have Cyanuric acid granules in the bottom of my liner pool. Will this hurt my liner.

Thank you!
    Donna
    Donna
    18X37 Grecian Vinyl Liner, X-Stream Slide, 1 1/2HP Hayward Pump, 3/4HP Polaris Booster, AquaRite SWG, Jandy AE3000 Heat/Cool, Jandy Deck Jets, 4.0 Colorlogic Light, Polaris 280 Cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help Cyanuric Acid in Bottom of Pool

not sure about liner damage...it is a weak acid, but nevertheless I see three options

1) if you have a center drain turn it on and brush the granules toward the drain
    2) if not center drain you can try vacuming...both 1 and two will have the cya settle in your filter, which is fine
    or 3) sweep it around evry few hours so it doesn;t sit on the same spot

Good luck!
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

3. Back To Top    #3

If you do 1) or 2), make sure you don't backwash for a week while the CYA in the filter gets a chance to dissolve.
    --paulr
    BBB "Intermediate Swimmer"
    IG plaster pool 18.5K gal, Hayward Pro-Grid DE filter, 3/4 HP Hydramax II; Polaris 380, 3/4 HP booster
    AG spa 325 gal, probably Sundance of some kind
    Water testing instructions on one page

4. Back To Top    #4

This is just an update for anyone reading this in the future with the same problem.
    I did push the Cyanuric Acid toward the main drain and I did not end up with any damage to my vinyl liner.

Thanks for the help, again!
    Donna
    Donna
    18X37 Grecian Vinyl Liner, X-Stream Slide, 1 1/2HP Hayward Pump, 3/4HP Polaris Booster, AquaRite SWG, Jandy AE3000 Heat/Cool, Jandy Deck Jets, 4.0 Colorlogic Light, Polaris 280 Cleaner