Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Howdy Howdy new in NWFL

1. Back To Top    #1
    Pensacola, FL

Howdy Howdy new in NWFL

Hiya. I am a new AG pool owner in North West Florida. I have wanted a pool for years and finally got one.
    I have a LOT to learn and about 84,000 questions, most which are being answered here at TFP.
    Hate to say it but the folks I got the AGP from were not very helpful w/instructions other than let them test my water regularly and regularly sell me a bunch of chem I have found I want nothing to do with. I am in the process of converting to BBB.
    Glad to be here and hope to someday actually be able to help some one else also.
    About 13500 Gal. 24'x52" AG, Sand filter, 2HP Columbia, Timer, Lil' Shark auto cleaner.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Howdy Howdy new in NWFL

I can relate to the pool store not being very helpful.

You've come to the right place. If you don't have one already, get one of the recommended test kits. Read Pool School till you can quote it from memory.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3
    South Carolina

Nice avatar
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Sacramento, California USA

Does flipper live in your pool?! :P
    14,555 gal in-ground 16'x29' white plaster Pool w/spa (2007); Goldline Aqua Logic AQL-PS-8 control w/Aqua Cell 15 Salt Water Chlorination (SWCG); Hayward TriStar 1HP (1.85 SF) main / 1.5HP (1.60 SF) spa pumps; Hayward Swimclear cart filter C4025, ColorLogic LED lights; Tankless SP-18-4 electric heater; Polaris 280 cleaner.
    View of spiral galaxy in Ursa Major NGC6217 - Hubble Telescope 2009