Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool leak thru both Skimmers

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool leak thru both Skimmers

I am losing water about 1/2 inch in 24 hrs thru some cracks around the skimmer. I called couple of companies for this problem and I was quoted around $500 for epoxy injection. Is it a reasonable price in the DFW area? Is it a good method for fixing the leaks.
    Any opinions?

Vaidhy Kumar

2. Back To Top    #2

Coastalish 'down easter'

Re: Pool leak thru both Skimmers

Welcome to TFP!!

$500 to fix the cracks seems a LITTLE expensive! What I would do is either replace the skimmer $$$ or patch it with 2 part epoxy. The epoxy may only last a couple of years before it has to be replaced (and if the original cause is worsening, sooner!) But for $20 - 25 you can get enough 2 part epoxy to keep you going for the next ~ 5 years

If you'd like some help with applying the epoxy to help it stay viable as long as possible, simply ask and we'll give you the 'tips and tricks' to do so
    Luv& Luk

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)