My have to move our pool!

TizMe

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 26, 2007
Covington, Georgia
Due to our financial situation we may be moving and thus moving our 24ft pool. Is there anything I need to be cautious of when disassembling it? I know the liner will be no good one its emptied and removed.

Im curious about packing up the filter the most. What care needs to be given to doing this? As well will the walls, rails etc dismantle easy to pack up and move ?

Lubercate heavily any screws or bolts you can see or get at. Empty the water out of the filter and treat it gently as there is a fragile plastic sand pipe and laterals inside. Mark with a pencil the angles of how the top railing is mounted to the vertical uprights so they can be later reassembled the same way. Take pictures as a history incase you forget of "what goes where"
When reassmbly comes if you had to deal with rusty screws replace them with SS

Our used pool came to us in 5 gallon buckets marked with how many and what was in them. The side was rolled up and held with a big yellow wratchet strap. Sorry you have to move and move your pool. But I think the greatest part of having a agp is that you can take it with you and you don't have to leave it. Maybe your next liner can be something even better? Kimrst

Ziploc bags are great for keeping screws, bolts, etc. together. If you can find some that has a place to write on the outside w/ a Sharpie, that's a bonus, too. Otherwise, just write down what they go to on a slip of paper, and put that in the bag as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.