Bubbles no longer work in spa - HELP kids want bubbles

cgng09

Aug 31, 2009
I have an inground pool and spa. There is a remote control on the spa to turn on/off lights, bubbles for spa etc. Two years ago the remote control stopped working. Now when the spa is turned on from the in-house controller, the valves turn to isolate water in the spa and the heater kicks in. Just like it is supposed to. PROBLEM = no bubbles in spa. Only water comes out of the jets in the spa

I have a Compool control system with a CP-100 Controller and LX-Power Center. Is there some way I can switch it manually at the controller, or make the bubbles come on permanently?

HELP - the kids want bubbles.

THANKS

Do you have a blower attached to the system that adds bubbles to the jets? Spa jets often have venturis built in that pull air through a tube connected to the jet body. Those would be controlled by small knobs along the top rim of the tub. If there's a blower connected then it can be activated manually at the control by setting it to service mode and turning on all the necessary components [heat, pump, spa mode, blower].

My first pool operated exactly as you explained. My current pool contractor has it rigged up so one pump runs the pool and the spa bubbles. I do have air intakes by the plumbing, not my the spa. So when it was working, it was all or nothing. I was hoping there was a jumper or something I could set to always keep them on when the spa was running. Maybe I need to get some hired help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.