Hayward H400 IF code - needs cleaning

fwoz

May 15, 2008
Hi,
I have a 3 year old H400 (propane) heater that will sometimes cut out then it reignites. I have not had it cleaned. It appears it needs cleaning of the burners/gas jets. I did check wires for contact etc. I do not have a union at gas valve. Can the jets just be removed and cleaned and burners cleaned in place. Do the jets need an special thread sealants. Any advice welcome. I have the manual.

Thanks.

Most of the time you do not even have to remove the jets. You can take a pipe cleaner and insert it in the opening of each jet. Typically spider webs will be the biggest problem. Even the slightest obstruction in the jets will cause a variation in the amount of fuel getting into the burner tubes. Also it generally will be the jets that supply gas directly under the flame sensor too. Don't know why, but spider webs invariably will be in that jet. You can take the jets out and usually you will not have to put any thread tape,etc., on the threads.

Just look into the burner tubes instead of taking them out (unless you feel you can handle getting them back in). Hopefully this helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.