Ahhhh...pool fill not going as planned

flyweed

Bronze Supporter
Aug 3, 2009
SW Wisconsin
Ok, I am taking a deep breath here. I have done everything to the letter and have taken my time installing this pool, since it is so large. Today was finally the day we were to install the liner, and start filling. The liner install was a piece of cake even on this monster 33 foot round pool. No problems. However, I now have about 4-5 inches of water in the bottom. no wrinkles, looks good.....EXCEPT they sure didn't give me much spare liner to hang over the edge of the pool. I watched about a 7 foot section in length slowly creep up the side of the pool as it filled and finally the liner slid down into the pool. the rest of the pool looks good with about 4-6 inches of extra overhang on the outside of the pool.

I assume this section of pool is "out of round" somehow????? making it curve out further than 33 ft?? I sure thought they'd at least give me a good 12-16" of extra overhang to play with, but this is ridiculous.

Any help would be great...I am going to suck out the little bit of water that is in the pool tomorrow and try recentering the liner and checking my 33ft diameter. Now..if I find that I am out of round for some reason, how can I fix that...just tap/kick the verticals in in those areas until it measures 33ft again? I always thought in a round circle if I kicked in on one place, it would just make another place stick out.

Again, any help/advice would be great.

Thanks
Dan

Hmm...you may be right on the insufficient cove. Most online articles I have read say to use the sand cove (6 inches up and 6 inches out)..however my manual called for just using the foam cove molding and nothing more. I am thinking a 6 inch high sand cove would give me more liner overlap however. Uggghh..the thought of throwing sand over the pool wall makes my arms hurt alread!! :)

Dan

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.