what to do yet this fall?

flyweed

Bronze Supporter
Aug 3, 2009
SW Wisconsin
Hi again

well it seems like fall in Wisconsin is quickly sneaking up on me, and I have yet to get my 33ft round AGP filled up and running. SO......should I just fill it to below the skimmer and winterize it and call it good for this season? Or should I get it filled, pumps, filter and heater hooked up and running and then shut down? Once I have the pool filled with water what should I add to it to just overwinter it and ready to open next spring?

Thanks for any info

Dan

You just need to make sure the water is balanced and add enough chlorine to bring it to shock level and then cover it. Have you tested your tap/fill water? You don't want to close with very low or very high PH.

The water won't have any CYA so be careful adding too much chlorine (or you could add CYA too but you need the pump running for that). I'm not even sure what shock level is for 0 CYA....

If the pump is not hooked up you have to figure out a way to circulate the chlorine (and any PH adjusters), brushing with a pole brush perhaps but that's not ideal.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.