Buying a used AGP

NWMNMom said:
Dang you are a productive person! How do I get some of what your drinking in the morning??

Try this stuff!

pool81.jpg

I started stocking my bar!

Only, I have to actually build a bar now...

After the pool build though!

Rob,
Been talking with a couple of elec. eng. about 115v vs 230v motors. They both said that as 230v 2speed is the way to go for a pool. Cost of motor, cost of running and cost of replacing. So when you run your wiring make sure that you will have 230v. out there.

mcoonan said:
Rob,
Been talking with a couple of elec. eng. about 115v vs 230v motors. They both said that as 230v 2speed is the way to go for a pool. Cost of motor, cost of running and cost of replacing. So when you run your wiring make sure that you will have 230v. out there.

I only need a 3/4 hp pump, so 230v would be kinda hard to find. It's kinda hard to find a 2 speed pump that small! Not too many of 'em out there!

But having said that, I think I might run a 230 line out there anyway... Might put a spa in someday!

OMG!! That dirt (clay) is rough to move around!! I'm sunburned, I'm grumpy, I don't know if I excavated a big enough space, GRRRRR!!! :rant:

Have to get back out there with a tape measure... Gonna have a lot of hand digging to do!!! 'course not as much. LOL

pool82.jpg

pool83.jpg

But we have all the painting done!! I have some pics... somewhere. I think it's on my phone.

Found 'em!

The fiberglass all nice and dry!
pool84.jpg

Painted! ...and as promised, ugly as all getout, but it'll hold.
pool85.jpg

My son painting.
pool86.jpg

Cat nap
pool88.jpg

Everything's painted, 'cept that one post. I did that this morning. Had to
wait for the rust conversion to take place.
pool87.jpg

Man... Not again! Time to batten down the hatches. Again.
pool89.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Everything's ok here I guess. There were more tornadoes two nights ago. One of them less than a half mile away. Probably would've seen them if it weren't so dark. They were just baby tornadoes. F0's. No national weather service warnings, just BOOM there they were. No damage done, that I can see. The farmers might have a different opinion though. Might have ripped out some crops, I don't know. Nothing damaged here 'cept one of the clothesline snapped. There was a dog blanket on it. No big deal, the line was probably 20 years old anyway.

As far as the pool is concerned, I'm getting frustrated. I took the sod out, which left me with clay. It rained, filled it up, then the sun came out, dried it out, now I can't get a shovel through it to save my life. I read a thread on here where they were tilling the clay, and ammending portland cement to it... So I was out there with my tiller this morning. After 15 passes with the tiller on one strip, I gave up. I only got about one inch down. It's like trying to get through granite with a needle. I'm at a loss, and before I start breaking things, I figured I better just stop and relax a bit. It is Fathers day.

HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!

My wife's bday is tomorrow, and I went to the store to get some stuff and a birthday card... Totally forgot the card. I suck. Grrrrr....

The ground is probably unlevel by 6 or 7 inches from one side to the other. With chunks throughout. If I use a shovel and beat it through the crust, it just pulls up clay from below my shovel. So I'm never getting it leveled that way.

Just relax... relax... happy thoughts!

Good to hear you're okay - minus whatever storm hit because of the missing birthday card... .

No clue what to say about the new clay foundation for your pool. I know you've been trying to save money - can you barter or trade for a bobcat?

Me -I just got a hammer and a bigger hammer!

dpool

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.