Buying a used AGP

Fourth Year Update!

...and I just noticed all the photos are missing in this thread. (I'm currently fixing that! Sorry...)

Well, the hundred dollar pool is still standing! Not sure how, cause it's all wonky with that clay it's sitting on.

However, we've decided to wait until it comes crashing down before we get a new one! Plus we can save more money that way!

Here's a quick pic of my water today. All is well.

pool140.jpg

Sorry I've been gone so long too. I bought a really nice camera last year, and I've been putting my heart and soul into learning how to use it.

Some of my recent photos

Bread I made
pool141.jpg

Long Exposure work
pool142.jpg

Lunar work
pool143.jpg

The bridge down the road
pool144.jpg

Well, I could go on and on and on with the photos I have, but you get the idea... :)

This is the best thread EVER!!! I think the best parts are when you kept your sanity, and most importantly your sense of humor! It's kinda sad to read your last post though, we've all been following your hard work and hate to see anything go wrong. And great pictures BTW! :cheers:

Thanks! It was a pretty epic undertaking. Well, there's definitely more epic undertakings on this board. Pretty epic for me though. :)

Every fall when I go out to close it, I can't believe it's still standing. Then every spring when I open it, I can't believe it's still standing.

We're just waiting for it to come crashing down so we can put in a brand new one!

Of course now I'm hoping it doesn't come down for a couple more years. We just started the ground prep for a new vineyard. First full harvest should be in 2016. They're kinda pricey at $20,000 an acre to put in. I thought that sounded high, until I actually sat down and did the math. That's actually really accurate. Luckily we're only putting in a 1/16th of an acre. At the best yield, it'll give a half ton of grapes, and that will make just under 700 bottles of wine. At a low yield, it'll give around 350 pounds which is enough for just over 200 bottles of wine. Either way, ya can't go wrong!

5th year update.

The stupid thing is STILL STANDING!!

Due to my laziness, I opened last week to a very nice shade of green. But it's all good now, nice and sparkly again. Added a peristaltic pump for the chlorine yesterday. It's broke. Well, it works, the built in timer isn't timing right. Hopefully the manufacturer helps me fix it. We'll see.

Finished up my Project 365 with my new camera. Taking one picture a day for a year sounds easy. It's not. Not even close to easy. But I did it!

Best of - at http://photos.rjsoap.com if you're bored. Started a much easier Project 12 this year. haha!

Starting to look at ingrounds much harder now. Vinyl, fiberglass, gunite, hybrid.. I just can't decide!! When I think I've decided, I read something else that makes me change my mind! Plus there's only a handful of pool putter inners out here in NW OhioCornBelt!

However, I have faith our above ground is going to collapse this year. (I've been saying that every year though...)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You're not kidding about your photography effort! Really impressive. My favorite is the corn field at the possessed sunset.

corn.jpg
I'm guessing this is the cornfield with the possessed sun. LOL

That's actually the possessed moon. Pretty much what I saw, it was kinda freaky looking. A 4 second exposure set for the moon, and I shined a flashlight around on the corn so it would show up in the photo. I'd like to start taking photos of awesome pools, but not a lot of awesome pools in Ohio's cornbelt...

I still have to update my Project 12 page. Went to Rock on the Range, like we do every year for our anniversary, and this year we went VIP. So I definitely have some awesome pictures!

20140518-IMG_0681.jpg

My fav's are the trains and the one with the sun coming up between the two leaders of the tree. ��

Thanks! All I can seem to get are the black and white Northern Suffolk trains. Never have my camera when I need it. A purple train came by the other day. A PURPLE ONE!! hahaha

That tree shot was one of the very first photos I took with the new camera. I had no idea, at the time, how I did that. Spent the next two months trying to duplicate it. Finally figured it out.

Sixth year update!

I'm sad to report that our one hundred dollar pool has passed away. The liner did not make it through the winter. We've had her on life support for the past two years anyway, so it was not unexpected. She lived a long a prosperous life. I was the third owner of this pool, it's time to lay her to rest. (Photos coming soon... You know me!)

On the bright side, we're gonna get an ig now! WOOOHOOO!

So, that build is gonna take an entirely new thread! We're looking at Trilogy fiberglass, gonna swing by the local dealer on the way home from work Monday to ask them the tough questions. They've been in business forever, so it's not a fly-by-night company. The only thing that bothers me is they don't even mention they do fiberglass on their website. I got their name from Trilogy, so we'll see how many they've actually installed.

I know I haven't been too active lately, it's been an arduous couple of years. Tomorrow will be an awesome milestone, as the final federal paperwork to open a winery will be submitted to the Government. We're converting our dining room into a nano-winery where I'll pump out the good stuff. Still have the state paperwork to do, but that seems simple enough. I can't start making wine to sell until I get the federal permits approved, and I can't sell it until I get the state permits approved. Things are moving along though. My daughter, the not a graphics designer graphics designer (Although I think she's changing her mind on this as she's getting paid by various people/companies to do work for them.) came up with the logo for us. I think it's a keeper.

logo4.png

So standby for another pool building thread! I'm excited! So excited in fact that I think I'll buy another security camera and install it so everyone can watch the build live! LOL

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.