Buying a used AGP

I forgot the pool location thing!

If you go WAY WAY back to picture number 28, you'll see the pool is far from the house, but close to the barn for electricity. Anywhere near the house, and there'd be major excavation as it's hilly. Plus there's trees everywhere. Plus where it's at, it'll get sun from sun up to sun down! :goodjob:

pool28.jpg

Progress... Yeah... 1 step forward, 2 steps back...

Got home from work, put the hole in the wall for the skimmer, and put the liner in... Started the hose, ran to the store real quick... Figured there'd be less then an inch when I got back and I'd remove the wrinkles etc... You know the drill. 15 minutes... That's it! That's all I was gone. 15 MINUTES!!! ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME??? FIFTEEN MINUTES!!!

When I got back, my driveway looked like this:
pool119.jpg

My pool looked like this on the inside:
pool120.jpg

Since this is all brand new, I haven't had a chance to put any kind of drainage in, so the outside looked like this:
pool122.jpg

If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all!

I measured the water in the pool... 4 1/2 inches on one side, 4 1/2 inches on the other side! That's about the only good thing I have goin' today. Luckily the liner went in before the rain showed up, or the inside of the pool would look like the outside of the pool!!

So, we're pumping the moat out right now... Just a little tiny pump, as I wasn't expecting to do any massive pumping for at least a couple months.

Once the moat is dry, I'm going to pump the water out of the pool so we can adjust the liner again....

But I was the first one in the pool with water!!

4 1/2 inches of rain in 15 minutes... Whodah thunk? I knew there was rain on the way, that's why I was pushing to get the liner in.... But that much that fast??? Crazy....

Well, you've definitely faced some obstacles...I admire your positive attitude - you're very determined. As you know, we live fairly close to you, and it's been six weeks since we started our pool build. Here's some pictures of our progress, and I look forward to seeing your end result.
IMG_2502.jpg

IMG_2508.jpg

IMG_2545.jpg

IMG_2547.jpg

IMG_2548.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Kias said:
I use the light-o-rama controllers. I get the deluxe CTB16K controllers with the big heat sinks. It's in kit form, so you have to solder it yourself. If you've never had any, you'll also need to buy the software once. http://www.lightorama.com Oh, and they only have one sale a year, and it's going on right now.

This year will be my fourth year, and I completely forgot to get a video of it last year. The second year video is at http://www.nightenchanted.com I don't like it, but that's just me. One of the little trees has a burned out string, so it appears much further away then it really is. Oh well, maybe I'll remember to get a video this year and replace this one. Last year I built a mega-tree so I was really liking that setup!

The website I found is http://www.doityourselfchristmas.com. Since I'm a DIY kinda guy, I really like this website. What I really, really like about this website is that some very smart and talented individuals have designed several different types of lighting controllers and have developed the pcb's for them, so you can order the pcb's, order the parts from a parts supplier, and build your own controllers. Another gent has developed the software to drive the controllers, free of charge to download and use. :goodjob:

I've built two 24-channel controllers and have bought another controller that allows you to download your sequences to a SD card, plug that SD card into the controller, and voila! No PC to have to keep running during the show. I'll use this controller to drive the other two for my 3 color megatree I'm planning on doing this year. Oh - this controller also has a built in mp3 player, too. :-D

Ought to be fun this Christmas, or at least I hope so!

OK, back to our regularly scheduled program, "Rob Vs. The Pool".

how exciting.... i almost feel like its my pool b/c ive been keeping up with it. maybe tommorow we can have a party. :punkrock: we will rock out all night long. we will sing :punkrock: and dance to loud music :rockon: and big speakers!!! SOUNDS LIKE FUN TO ME!!!!!

Ya'll need some PAWP!! That's Pool Assembly Watching Patience!

Wait for it!

The water's all wonky right now... Workin' on it! Definitely don't want to post a picture of wonky water!

Where as my well pump came through unscathed, I think I killed my water softener! So guess what color the water is... Yup, you guessed it! Wonky Color!

It's a nice shade of rustyorangeygreenblackbrownish. Same color I had last year with the popup pool... So I'm dealing with it. Filter was at 8 psi when started. It's now at 13 psi... I'll be keepin' an eye on that. Backwash around 20, right?

Anyway... First readings!

FC: 1
CC: .5
PH: 7.5
TA: 420
CH: 70
CYA: 2.6 lbs in a sock!

The chlorine was from a gallon of 12.5%, but it's from one of the bottles I got with the pool, so who knows what the percentage is now. I just dumped the other bottle I got with the pool in the water, I'll go take another reading in a bit. I'll be off to wally world tomorrow for more bleach... It filled way faster than I thought it would. I was expecting it to take at least three days. I was gonna pick up filter sand and bleach on the way home from work on Monday. HA Surprise!! I ran to the pool store today to pick up sand and a backwash hose...

That was the first time I've ever stepped inside a pool store in my life! It was Bacquacrap heaven in there!! The store had 8 walls, 3 of them was full of bacquagoo, 3 more was full of bacquagoo for spas (I didn't even know they had such a thing...) As I was walking in, three people walked out with blue bottle of, which I found out a moment later, was bacquastuff!! But they did have some cute spas! Little ones made for two! Hmmmm....

The "Water Testing" bar was packed full of people... I thought, "Man! Glad I know what I'm doin! I hate lines!" Crazy place...

--edit--
Wish I could keep a train of thought for more than 2 minutes...

I added the same HTH clarifier I used last year to clean up the wonky water... I was cleaning that goofy intex filter every 4 hours last year. Fun fun fun!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.