Buying a used AGP

I just discovered this post today. Very interesting. Since ive started reading, i diddnt know if i wanted to watch and see if Lindsay Lohan is going to go to jail (Tru tv) or if i wanted to keep reading this... well of course i kept reading this..... So cool being able to see this from beginning to end. I knew someone that did this but they diddnt clean the rust, etc. The pool colapsed soon after....Anyone reading this, dont think you can just take the pool apart and reassemble it right back b/c it might not work out too well... you are doing a great job. Keep up the great work! :goodjob: LOL! Cant wait to see the finished product (with the pool light)!!

I have read all 10 pages and you have got me totally into this! I am an ansy person and want it NOW! LOL! I admire you for taking your time and doing all this right. I would've just went and bought a new pool. LOL! I have my Diet Coke and can't wait to see what happens next. Kudo's to you and your wife.

Well, it's going really slow again today. It's still about 500 degrees out with a relative humidity of a gazillion percent. But we're ready to put the sand in the middle before the wall goes up. My wife did finish the putting the pavers in today whilst I was at work, so I'll have to pay her later. :mrgreen:

My little one and I finished bolting things together when I got home. We're going to take a break for a while and I'm gonna head back out there and start shoveling when the wife and kids go to karate at 7:00. Hopefully it's cooled off a tad.

I didn't take any new pictures, as it doesn't look like we've done anything new. Really we have though!! It just doesn't look like it. Hopefully we can get the wall up tomorrow and maybe even the liner in, and start the watering... That'd totally make my day!

Now I have to figure out how big of a pile will give me two inches of sand! I really don't need to be shoveling over the wall.

They cancelled the order for the pump... Still not going to say the name until the money is actually back in my pocket. I think we're just going to use the old pump this year and try and get the 2 speed again next year.

Also, the light I was planning to put in, will also be put off until next year. We did get hit hard this year, and I've been scrambling to keep things going... :grrrr:

Oh, and trust me... I won't be doing this again! I'll hire a company full of young whipper snappers to install a new pool if I do it again!

Ok, I have to go count the bolts for the wall seam and make sure I have enough...

Ok, I had to take a break. I'm old and decrepit... But I counted 23 holes in the wall seam, and 23 nuts and bolts for it. Amazing! All this time and I managed to save that hardware, which those particular bolts were fine.

Sent from my Droid

Hey! I think the picture upload from tapatalk actually works! Wonder what it looks like on an actual computer...

Sent from my Droid

Edit: I don't see any picture from my phone! Guess I'll look later...

Attachments

• ImageUploadByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadByTapatalk.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 165
Hey! That picture upload from the phone tapatalk thing actually works!!

Anyway, when the wife got back from karate, we really got busy!

Got a bunch of sand in the middle and we worked until we just couldn't see anymore!

Anybody know what this is?? :mrgreen:

pool101.jpg

:party: :whoot: :party: :whoot: :party: :whoot: :party: :whoot: :party:

Ok, so it's not all the way up, about 4/5 the way around... had to stop, just couldn't see anymore. I think I'm gonna take half the day off work tomorrow and come home early and get busy! No wind in the forecast, so we should be ok. (Cross the fingers!)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Such slackers :whip: I can't believe you let something like a little dark keep you from getting the wall all the way up. Maybe you could use your Christmas light to shed some light on things! :idea: BTW, the display is pretty cool. Can't wait to see more pool pics tomorrow. BTWW I picked up some rust converter to use on an iron bench that needed some help. I had forgotten about that stuff. We've used similar on the cars POR15. Fun stuff!

Well, rust converter, which converts the rust, then as an added bonus prevents the rust from coming back. The picture above was taken while my wife was running to the store to get another can, as we ran out! You can see the rust in the far end.

Here's pretty much the picture with the rust converter on the rust.
pool102.jpg

...and the skimmer and return hole which I'm going to go patch up in a couple hours when it cools down a bit. I'm also going to cut the new holes on the other end, and finish putting the top rails on for a liner install tomorrow.
We had to call it quits for a while. A coke, 3 mountain dews, 2 quarts of water each, and neither one of us had been in the bathroom, and we both stopped sweating profusely. Time to go in the A/C for awhile! The signs, they were a showin!! Death was surely to follow soon! I'm completely wasting away to ideal weight working like this!!

pool103.jpg

pool104.jpg

The liner is pretty much a no frills 25mil... Should have swirlythingys on the bottom, and just blue on the sides... I don't care if they messed up and sent me one without the swirlythingys on the bottom, it's going in. :)

Time to make the hole for the return. Now I suppose you could use a hole saw, but those are just so messy, and it seems like everytime I use one on metal it just comes out a little crooked on me... So out to the garage I go, and grab the panel punch!

It's just three pieces. A blade, a bolt, and a cup.
pool105.jpg

First you drill a hole the size of the bolt to fit through where you want the hole.
pool106.jpg

Then you put the cup on the bolt and you put the bolt through the hole.
pool107.jpg

Then you screw the blade onto the bolt on the other side of the sheet metal.
pool108.jpg

Then just turn the bolt until the blade goes right through the sheet metal.
pool109.jpg

There it is! Perfect hole everytime!
pool110.jpg

A quick test fit. Perfect!
pool111.jpg

Don't forget the nail polish! Pure Ice Black Rage in this case! (It's what my daughter handed me!)
pool112.jpg

Yeah, I'm just procrastinating... It's so freakin' hot out! I wish I had a punch for the skimmer, but I'll have to dig out the jigsaw for that... Still have to plug the old holes up too!

Ok, enough A/C for now, back to the grind!

Oh yeah, gotta dig the magnet out too. I was going to put a blanket down on the inside to catch the metal from drilling... Totally biffed that one! I remembered the nanosecond the drill went through the wall... I was all like, "NOOOOOOooooooooohhhhhhh man...."

It coming along nicely Kias.
You're spoiling us with alot of interesting pics in this thread but I haven't seen you around...... yet :roll: Or was it you with the hands up in the pool! Not good enough mate! We want a good close up so we all know who's build and document this project so very well :mrgreen:

On a more serious note! I wonder the reason why you placed the pool as far from the house as it seems like you have done?
That wasn't very good english, was it :hammer:

Well, ya haven't seen me as I've been the one taking the pics! I think I got one from a concert somewhere... lemme look.

Ok...

My wife and I at Rock on the Range 2010 - Columbus Ohio - We were partying in a suite! ...and I'm three sheets to the wind, and it wasn't even dark yet! LOL! :cheers:
pool118.jpg

Here's one of the holes to patch!
pool113.jpg

Here it is patched!
pool114.jpg

The other hole to patch!
pool115.jpg

The other hole patched!
pool116.jpg

I know it looks like cardboard, but it's sheet metal with a paper backing.
pool117.jpg

OH!! And which one of you yahoo's borrowed my jigsaw and didn't return it?? Huh???

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.