Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: We had the Mother of all rain storms

1. Back To Top    #1

We had the Mother of all rain storms

G'Day folks. Hope all are having a wonderful summer.We had a MAJOR storm last night that was the biggest and heaviest of this lousy wet summer. I just completed my tests. My salt was a bit low the past few days and now I need to add a bag. This AM's #'s are:
    TC-6
    PH-8.2
    TA-100
    CYA-80
    These tests were done about 15 min after starting the pump and draining off LOTS of waste. TA and PH are SO-should I attempt any adjustments now OR add the salt and wait awhile and re-test.

Cheers

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: We had the Mother of all rain storms

If you water LEVEL is about right now (you don't need to pump to waste) go ahead and do the PH adjustment. I wouldn't think adding salt now would be a problem as long as you're through pumping water out. We just had a series of 1-2" rain storms too, so I've got to pump out -- level is within 2" of the liner top!
    10,000 IG vinyl liner pool, Hayward sand filter, Hayward SuperPump (converted to 2-speed), BBB user

3. Back To Top    #3

What's your CC? With all that rain, you should check that... might need to shock.
    10,000 IG vinyl liner pool, Hayward sand filter, Hayward SuperPump (converted to 2-speed), BBB user

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks drband.I posted the chlorine # the wrong way
    FC -6
    CC -0.
    TC-6

5. Back To Top    #5

Since you did your test after the pump only running for 15 minutes, I think I might test your PH again. If it's still high, then I would adjust it.
    IG 12' x 39' - 20k Gallons - Vinyl Lined - StaRite Cristal-Flo II 26" Sand Filter - Hayward SuperPump 1 hp - Dolphin Dynamic autocleaner - Lochinvar Energyrite gas heater - Aqua Rite SWCG T-15 - TF100 Test Kit - Skimlite Duallly 9016 pole (great pole)