I need help with Valves and Digital Timer

fta123

Aug 28, 2009
I am trying to replace the valves to my system,,,all of the valves handles have broken off, plastic got week after 4 year of sun, rain...etc. Now I have to replace them and after calling to get an estimate, they want 900.00 to get those 5 valves and the digital timer, which I have found online for 150.00.....Can anyone give me some hints...it doesnt look that difficult to do

A picture would help for the valves. Having to replace that many valves you'll probably just want to remove fairly large sections of plumbing, unless you either have room for a coupling next to every valve or the replacement valves you're using are about 3" longer than the old ones.

As for the timer, it'll require some minor electrical work. If you're not comfortable with that then buying the timer and having an electrician install it would be a good move.

here are the pictures...I was able to bypass the timer and identify what was wrong with it, no I have to work on the valves

Attachments

• valves3.jpg
    valves3.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 69
  • valves2.jpg
    valves2.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 69
  • Valves1.jpg
    Valves1.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 69
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.